KENYA – August, 9th – 24th, 2016: Medical and sports camp in Dago Village, Western Kenya reaching about 3,000 people in 14 villages within 6 days. This is our annual event called “Kenyan Goals – Medical and Sports Camp” where we use the draw of a sports tournament to educate attendees about HIV/AIDS, effects of wife inheritance and polygamy as we provide medical services, dental exams, eye exams and HIV/AIDS voluntary tests and counseling.
All friends in the medical fields are welcomed to travel and participate. It’s a great opportunity to donate your skills and time to helping others in need, while gaining hands-on medical experience and learning firsthand about medical care in Kenya.
The week will feature over 48 teams (Senior & Junior Soccer, Volleyball and Netball) from 14 villages. This sports and medical camp for Kenyan communities needs your support.
Leader: Patrick Odoyo, Program Coordinator
The YouTube videos:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_TXGcir7Uo (Part 1 of 4)
You can also make a donation to the cause. To give it’s super easy! Simply click our Online Fundraiser link and donate.
Any amount makes a difference! For more information please visit:Friends of Dago
(16 Day Mission Trip to Rural Kenyan Village)
Itinerary for Kenyan Goals Medical and Sports Volunteer Trip:
- Tuesday, August 9: Departure/Travel Day
- Wednesday, August 10: Travel Day/Arrive Nairobi
- Thursday, August 11: Day in the City – Nairobi (possibly visit elephant orphanage, giraffe center, Maasai market, shopping)
- Friday, August 12: Depart Nairobi for Dago (arrive late in the day)
- Saturday, August 13: Rest day, (village visits, go to church, relax and recoup)
- Sunday, August 14: Medical/Sport Camp Opening Day
- Monday- Friday, August 15 – 19: Medical and Sports Camp Week
- Saturday, August 20: Play day with the kids + Community (at the orphanage)
- Sunday – Tuesday, August 21 – 23: Safari in Maasai Mara National Park. (Arrive in Nairobi that evening. Can fly out that night)
- Monday, August 24: Departure Day.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website for more details: