Program Officer; HIV Care and Treatment Services Job at PATH, Kenya
PATH is an international organization that drives trans-formative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
- We are seeking to recruit two (02) Program Officers; HIV Care and Treatment Services to provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with PATH and DREAMS project management teams to ensure the successful planning and implementation of HIV service delivery activities at facility level including facility work planning and target setting, support supervision, technical support and reporting.
- The Officer will also provide technical support and expertise, coordination and supervision of all HIV Care and Treatment, PMTCT and TB/HIV activities at facility level within the assigned DREAMS project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies.
- The officer will be located in Homabay.
Program Officer Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities.
Represent the project in technical forums at field level.
- Coordination with C (SC) HMT on implementation of HIV Care and Treatment service delivery work plans.
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation.
- Provide technical support for Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at facility level in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
- In consultation with Coordinator HIV Care and Treatment DREAMS, monitor implementation of costed project work-plans at facility, sub-county and county levels.
- Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
- Provide technical support and mentorship in the implementation of the HIV Care and Treatment service delivery component of the DREAMS project at facility, sub-county and county level.
- Provide technical support for integration of the project’s technical approaches for the achievement of successful project implementation using evidence informed, innovative and best practices.
- Participate in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
- In consultation with Coordinator HIV Care and Treatment services support preparation of monthly, quarterly and other reports as may be required and submit these to the Coordinator HIV Care and Treatment Services in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support in creating and strengthening linkages and networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes at facility, sub-county and county levels.
- Participate in any other duties as assigned.
- Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
- Excellent facilitation, mentorship, team building and coordination skills.
- Ability to work with a multi-sectoral team and support collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
Required Experience for Program Officer Job
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing direct technical support in implementation of health service delivery project with specific experience in HIV service delivery projects, hands on clinical experience in HIV service delivery and technical coordination, proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK health systems, excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results, computer literacy, research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences and/or MPH or other master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
Click here to apply