Dadaab Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Vacancy: Counselor – Educator
Project Summary: The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp.
MSF provides a full package of medical care through 4 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and Operating Theatre.
Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Mental Health Supervisor
Start date: Immediately
Package: Attractive salary package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover.
Contract duration: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance (includes 3 month probationary period)
The job activities include but are not limited too;
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor
Education: Counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree / diploma
Experience: 1 year experience essential. Experience with NGO desirable.
Languages: Local language essential. Mission language desirable
Competences: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter outlining HOW you fulfill each of the requirements in bullet points on or before 24th June 2016 to http://www.uhired.me/e/job/51
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)