Preterm Birth Initiative – Kenya (PTBi – K)
Background of the PTBi – K Project: The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) are collaborating in a four year implementation project to decrease the burden of preterm births and associated deaths.
The main activities will focus on improving data use, quality improvements and capacity strengthening around intrapartum and postnatal care.
The implementation will be conducted in Migori County.
The following vacancy is to be filled for the project:
Position: Assistant Data Manager
Ref: PTBI-Kenya Vac/ADM/4/2016
Reports to: Data Manager
Location: Migori County
Duration: One (1) year renewable
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, information sciences or health records or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office especially Access, Excel and Word.
- Experience in research, knowledge of health systems, preferably knowledge of Maternal and Child Health (MCH) and training in Good Clinical Research Practices.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health national data collection and reporting tools is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to design and create databases.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team or independently, depending on the assigned task or situation.
- Routine data collection from various health facilities in Migori County. That is, visit each facility monthly to collect data in collaboration with facility staff for routine program data monitoring.
- Conduct data entry of the participant’s data from the health facilities.
- Perform data quality checks on the source documents in the health facilities.
- Conduct data management activities in response to data queries as needed.
- Preparation of regular data reports.
- Support the data managers in all their duties.
- Keen and ability to work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision and develop on the job
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Flexibility, ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment are desirable.
How to Apply:
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates and valid licenses where applicable.
d) Fill in an online application form HERE before sending an email with the application documents needed
e) Certificate of good conduct will be required for those shortlisted.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to the email address below:
To the Director and Principal Investigator
PTBi – Kenya
Application Deadline: 10th June 2016
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.