Catholic Hospital Wamba is a third tier mission hospital in Wamba, Samburu County.
Our mission is to live the healing mission of Christ within Samburu County and beyond.
CHW was begun in 1969 and is managed by the catholic diocese of Maralal.
Reports to: Medical Officer In-Charge
Duty Station: Wamba Hospital
Job Purpose: The job holder will provide care to patients in the hospital theatre and critical care units, and to any other patients who require acute medical intervention that may be provided by a Clinical anesthetist.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Administer anesthesia or sedation during medical and surgical procedures, using local intravenous, spinal or caudal methods to patients in hospital wards and in outpatient clinics undergoing various procedures outside the operating theatre.
- Diagnose illness using examination tests and reports.
Admit patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment.
- Promote and maintain life support and airway management and help prepare patients for emergency surgery.
- Respond to any adverse occurrences e.g. injuries, falls, sudden illness by patients
- Monitor patients before, during and after anesthesia and counteract adverse reactions and complications.
- Examine patients, obtain medical history, and use diagnostic tests to determine risks during medical procedures.
- Position patient on operating table to maximizes patient comfort and surgical accessibility.
- Coordinate administration of anesthesia with surgeons during operation.
- Confer with other medical professional to determine type and method anesthesia or sedation to render patient pain.
- Decide when patients have recovered or stabilized enough to be sent to another room, ward or to be sent home following outpatient surgery.
- Record type and amount of anesthesia and patient condition throughout the procedure.
- Document review findings in clinical notes in a timely manner.
- Transport acutely ill and injured patients.
- Coordinate and direct work of nurses, medical technicians and other medical providers.
- Liaising with medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment.
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualification and Experience:
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery with a Higher Diploma in Anesthesia.
• Certificate of registration and valid practicing license from COC.
• Proven Clinical experience for a minimum of three years.
• Excellent communicator, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Attention to detail
• Highly disciplined
• Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements and are interested in this position, please send your application together with detailed curriculum vitae.
Deadline: Friday 31st March 2017 at 5.00 pm.
Human Resources Officer,
Catholic Diocese of Maralal,
P.O. Box 350 – 20600
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject line Hand Deliveries to be dropped at the reception at Catholic Diocese of Maralal Secretariat offices/Catholic Hospital Wamba.